Tuesday, August 26, 2008

When I First Fell In Love With Hip Hop


DO NOT GET ENTERTAINMENT NEWS FROM YOUR PARENTS I SWEAR! I had decided to take my ass back to bed this morning and as soon as I got back in the bed my mom called me and said that she heard on the radio that Dr.Dre died. So I'm like what? I don't believe this. So of course I get out of the bed and get on my computer to do some investigating. What do you know, within about 1 minute I found out that Dr. Dre isn't dead. It's his son, Andre Young Jr. that was found dead. He was only 20 years old. That's really sad..... What's crazy is I honestly had shed a few tears after my mom had told me. I was like I know Dr.Dre isn't dead.My honey txted me asking why was I crying because I didn't know him, and he only made good music, it wasn't like he really stood up for anything, etc. So I explained, Dr. Dre along with Snoop, Warren G, Ice Cube, and Eazy E were like the first rappers that I started listening to and that West Coast rap holds a place in my heart. I was also pissed because I was waiting like everyone else for Dre to drop Detox (Duh)! What's crazy too is that I was in the third grade when Regulators, Gin & Juice, and all of those hot ass west coast singles came out. So I really wasn't at the age to truly appreciate the music. It wasn't until I got a little older and listened again to all of those old joints that I truly fell in love.... If anybody ever asks me what was my favorite concert that I've ever been to, I'll always reply with "The Up In Smoke Tour". That was the hottest fucking concert ever. Bare with me on the profanity. I'm getting really excited just typing about it lol. The headliners of that concert were Snoop, Dr.Dre, Ice Cube, and Eminem. Some others were MC Ren,Xhibit,etc. First off they come out on stage in this purple old school car. To my memory I believe it was on old Impala. They're hitting switches. I mean the whole West Coast vibe was just phenomenal and crazy. They did all of my favorite old joints. It was just great! That concert was actually a showcase of rappers actually PERFORMING! They didn't just stand on stage with an entourage and yell! That's what made it really dope. They also had the dopest props ever! Anyway to make a long story short, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Warren G, Ice Cube, Eazy E are reasons why I love Hip Hop! They are the first(AS FAR AS MALE RAPPERS) that my ears heard and actually paid attention to. Then later on it was Pac, Biggie, Nas, etc.





No comments: