Monday, August 4, 2008

Good Black Movies


I'm sitting here watching Oxygen and "The Best Man" is on. This happens to be one of my favorite movies along with "Love Jones", "The Brothers", "The Wood", "Brown Sugar", and "Love & Basketball". I guess I'm a fan of that old black cast, Nia Long, Morris Chestnut,Larenz Tate, Isaiah Washington, Taye Diggs, Terrance Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Omar Epps, Regina Hall, and Malinda Williams, and Bill Bellamy. All of those movies all came out between 1997-2002. It seems like there hasn't been any good Black movies since, or maybe I'm just missing those same cast members in the same flicks. Now, Tyler Perry is doing his thing. I love the movies that he makes as well as his plays but, yea I'm missing Nia, Larenz , Morris, Taye, Sanaa, and Omar the most. I need somebody to create another film and cast these people. If not I guess I'll be watching my old favorites over and over again. Don't get me wrong I like all types of movies and other actors and actresses besides the ones I mentioned but, it's nothing like seeing an all Black cast. Especially, with the eye candy of Omar, Larenz, Morris, Taye, and Terrance. It's something about Black movies that make me feel warm. I feel like I can relate to at least one of the characters or I feel like I know someone that relates to a few of the characters....BTW, Morgan Freeman was in a horrible accident last night and he's now in serious condition. I hope he recovers because every movie that man has been in has been a banger!I guess I'll go ahead and shout out the rest of my favorite black actors and actresses: Tamala Jones, Taraj P. Henson, Don Cheadle, Jada Pinkett- Smith, Will Smith, Lisa Raye, Essence Atkins, Tracey Ellis Ross, Rachel True, Mos Def, Queen Latifah, Denzel Washington, Angela Bassett, Halle Berry, Wendy Robinson, Forest Whitaker, and a host of other super talented folk!

4 comments:

Fitness Goddess said...

I agree...it seems that in that 1997 to 2002 period there were several black movies that came out back to back. Now all we have are the Tyler Perry Movies.....

Glennisha Morgan said...

Yup! Exactly! Or cheesy comedies

Cassina Z. said...

I was completely with you until... Lisa Ray... hehehe She's cute and all, and I own Player's Club like everybody else, but her acting leaves a LOT to be desired.

Dang, Sis, you do it all don't ya? That's hot. When might you find time to SLEEP? :)

Bless up...

Glennisha Morgan said...

I guess I added Lisa cause I like her roll in All of us. Not really, what's funny is it that it's still more stuff that I want to do lol. Ehh. I get a few hours a day lol. Thanks