Saturday, August 9, 2008

Very Sad Day


I already had a very sad night and this morning I woke up to find out that one of my favorite comedians, Bernie Mac is dead. He died at 50 years old in Chicago's Northwestern Hospital. He had been hospitalized for pneumonia but, his cause of death has not been confirmed.Mac had sarcoidosis ,which is a chronic disease that can inflame tissue, particularly in the lungs. His publicist, Danica Smith said that his pneumonia was unrelated to his sarcoidosis and it had been in remission since 2005. I am extremely upset and sad. This man was welcomed in my living room on several occasions back to back. "The Bernie Mac Show" was extremely hilarious. Bernie's voice alone and demeanor made me laugh. Bernie Mac was my favorite of "The Original Kings of Comedy". Much love to Steve Harvey, Cedric The Entertainer, and D.L. Hughley but, Bernie Mac was The Orignal King of Comedy! He will truly be missed!