Friday, July 25, 2008

Great News...


At first when we learned of my grandmother's kidney cancer I was so depressed and scared. It wasn't until last week when one of her doctors explained to us her options that I felt good about the situation. We were aware that in most cases kidney cancer is fatal but, for some reason I just felt positive. I'm very happy that it has been positive so far. My grandmother seems to be recovering well from her surgery. Today, or yesterday technically since it's like 4 in the morning my grandmother got out of bed and walked up and down the hallway after complaining of being in so much pain. Initially we were told that she'll be able to come home Monday but, today her doctor said because she seems to be doing so well she may be able to come home early. The doctor was saying that my Grandmother overcame this really well. The cancer didn't spread at all so that was great. Instead of just removing the cancer from her kidney they actually took the whole kidney so chances are very high that the cancer won't come back again. Therefore she won't be needing any chemotherapy. Real talk, in the past few months I have totally watched my grandmother be a fucking soldier. My Granny is usually a really scary person but, I think cancer actually gave her a new attitude. Last week she was at Cedar Point riding every damn ride there was, this week she had surgery, and I'm quite sure that once she's out of the hospital she'll continue to be one of the coolest Grannys on earth.

Besides the good news with my Granny I just did my second segment of my blog talk radio show today. I think it was a little bit better than the first test show, simply because I wasn't sort of forced off air. Critiquing myself though, I need to definitely work on refraining from saying um on the air. That should never be said on air but, I seemed to have said it a million times as well as you know, and yall. Dang! My show today was filled with a lot of stereotypical phrases LOL but, it's alright I'm still learning. I did say that my blog talk radio show is also practice for me to actually become a radio personality sometime during my career. I've always wanted to be on Hot 97 one day... I'm still looking for a co-host. A few people have talked to me and said they have interest but, no commitments. So, I'm going to get back with everybody before this weekend is over and see who wants to do it for sure. The next show is actually tomorrow night. I'm ready to get the hang of this and freakin blow blog talk radio out of the water LOL. I also have some really good interviews that will be aired on the show. I do apologize too for not keeping you updated about the 7 Days, 7 Interviews but, I've decided to actually do the remainder of the interviews on the radio show. I'll still post a few transcripts here but, I definitely will have those interviews on air.

7 comments:

Chimere said...

i am happy to hear that your granny is doing great!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Glennisha! I'm so glad to hear that your Grandmother is doing better. Cancer is a BIAYOTCH!

She sounds strong. And its wonderful that she has the support of you adn your family.

Glennisha Morgan said...

Thanks Crystal!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!! Thank Goodness!!!

Glennisha Morgan said...

Yes maam! :)

F.U. said...

Yay for Granny!!! Great news!!

Glennisha Morgan said...

Thanks!