Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gardasil For Guys?


I just ran into an article on MSN stating that Gardisil, the vaccination for HPV just might become available for males. I think that's awesome because guys should be able to possibly be protected as well. I actually have already had my first series of the shot since my insurance covers it, so I said why not. I just hope that the vaccination is worth the pain that it caused my arm. I initially was a little skeptical of the vaccination because I felt that the company just wanted to create a scare and make money but, cervical cancer and cancer period is no joke. According to that article HPV can actually cause throat, genital, and anal cancer in males. This is my first time hearing about that. So if the shot does become available to males I would suggest guys getting it if they have insurance that covers it or if they can afford it. We all know about the saying it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: